Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Red Hot Chili Peppers

No, no, not the band. I'm talking about the garden again! Deciding to be creative with my otherwise boring dinner last night, I added ONE of our (no exaggeration) 100 Tabasco chili peppers from the big plant (see pictures in earlier post) to my "Skillet Lean Cuisine" teriyaki stirfry bag. All I did was cut off the top of a one inch long, 1/4 inch wide pepper, slice it lengthwise, and add it to the bag's contents while cooking. After cooking, I pulled out both pieces and threw them away. Although the stirfry didn't taste extremely spicy, my lips were burning after eating it. I'm eating the leftovers for lunch right now which has prompted a repeat and this post. Considering their potency, does anyone have suggestions on what to do with the large volume of remaining ones? We can't possibly eat all of them straight off the vine.