I have learned this week that candy is a great motivator! And who wouldn't want to give this adorable giraffe some candy?! (Big thanks to my friend Jen who saved Halloween by sending us this costume last minute after the dinosaur that I bought was way too big!) As soon as we got home from daycare (early, of course, since little kids need to trick-or-treat before dinner), Will grabbed his pumpkin and sat still long enough for me to put his giraffe back on.

This photo is a little out of order, but I can't figure out how to move pictures around after I upload them. This is our neighbor friend, Jessica, who is three months older than Will.

Here he is racing to our first stop at Jessica's house. Since they were out they left the candy on the porch (which is also what we did).

Posing for Mommy as he deposits his first loot into his pumpkin! He was very good about helping himself to only a piece or two out of each bucket. And he said "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" to each person with only limited prompting.

Photo op at the next door neighbor's house. They were giving out bags of microwave popcorn.

At the neighbor on the other side of our house, they had a special treat for Will: a red fire engine!

We had been to about 5 house by this point, so he needed to stop to see what was in his pumpkin now - and make room for the fire engine.

We went to about 10 or 12 houses on our street before calling it a night at 6:30 and heading inside for dinner. Will wore these pajamas under his giraffe costume, so getting ready for bed was easy, too! We ate cheese soft tacos, tortilla soup, yogurt and CANDY for dinner. I let him pick two pieces and he picked gross ones: Whoppers and a Dum Dum. He said they were yummy, and that left more good stuff more me, I guess! :-)

Our neighborhood was dark and quiet by 7 p.m. except a few packs of older kids. But most people ran out of candy and were turning off their lights as we were finishing up.