
I'm not sure if it was running through the sleet on Monday night to catch a train when I lost track of time; walking in the cold on Thursday afternoon because I thought I wanted to be in the sunshine and stretch my legs; or trudging through four inches of snow wearing dress shoes on Friday night for an hour trying to find a cab; but I seem to have caught a cold. After I got home from work on Saturday afternoon, I snuck past Will and into my room for a "quick nap" before dinner. Four hours later I woke up and Will was already in bed. So, Sunday we stayed close to home. Will wanted to go to the zoo to see animals and play outside in the snow, but Mama was only willing to take him to the public library and the grocery store with 5 minutes of snow time in the driveway while unpacking groceries.
Our library is really first rate. In fact, there's a banner outside proclaiming it the best library in the nation (or something like that). The entire basement is for kids. The books are organized by character (BOB for Bob the Builder; DOR for Dora; REY for Curious George - ok, that one follows the author). We picked out some Thomas, Bob, and Curious George books, as well as the one I was looking for ("Good night, Good night, Construction Site") and then sat down to read a bit before checking out our books. Will found several board books in the rounders to peruse.
On Monday morning, I promised Will that we would make cookies for dinner. I ended up having to stay late at work, but on Tuesday night we did it. It was delayed an entire evening, and we used "break and bake" batter, but as you can see a good time was had by all! :-) Get a look a his super chapped lips. He wipes off chap stick, Vaseline and Aquaphor, so they have looked like that for a few weeks now.