Almost a year ago, Jason and I went to a Cubs game on a blustery April afternoon. We watched part of the game in our seats; then watched more of the game from the Captain Morgan lounge. That day we bought Will a Cubs jersey and a Blackhawks sweater. Yesterday the tags finally came off the hockey shirt when Will chose to wear it. He put it on after his bath last night, wore it to bed, and is still wearing it today.
After work last night Jason and I got away for a dinner and movie date thanks to Uncle Ryan's baby-sitting services. We had a quick dinner at a newer restaurant near our house called Eddie Merlot's. Since we didn't have time for a full dinner, we ordered a bottle of wine and an assortment of appetizers. It was all delicious! Then it was off to see Oz in 3D. I'm not sure we needed to see the 3D version, but it was a pretty movie, and I liked the story. I definitely wouldn't take young kids. There is nothing cute or funny for a little kid (there is no Munchkins Lollipop Guild song. . . ) and there are some dark and scary parts.