We have survived yet another tax season! This is my (and Jason's) 12th year and Will's 4th year. Will was lucky enough to have Grandma Joni come stay and play with him for the final week leading to the filing deadline as Mommy was working crazy hours and Daddy was traveling abroad for his work. Thanks to the deadline falling on a Monday, I was actually (mostly) done before the weekend. On Sunday the weather was beautiful, so we hit one of our favorite parks. Will looks so big here thanks to brand new shoes and a fresh haircut. (Interesting (horrible?) side note on the shoes: this is at least the fourth pair of the same Target shoes we've purchased. The last three all had the left shoe - always the left - velcro strap break. But, they're cheap and meet my requirements of no characters or lights, so we just keep buying them every few months. . . )
We drove to this particular park at Will's request. Ironically we ran into my co-worker and her daughters in the parking lot as soon as we got there! The girls were riding their bikes around the trail for most of the time, but we did have some shared rock climbing and swinging time, so I did get to chat with my friend while pushing Will "really high and really fast."When we got home it was dinner time, but we couldn't resist taking advantage of the sunshine for a few more minutes to play in the sandbox. I can't wait until it is consistently warm (and dry) here so we can play in the sandbox and grill on the patio.
The wet weather really got out of control today. The rain started yesterday and never stopped! Schools in our district were cancelled due to the flooded streets; trains were delayed; and parts of the expressway between here and downtown were closed. That meant I got to work from home today. My office ended up closing at 2:30 as well, so it's a good thing I didn't try too hard to get there after I encountered the flooding just trying to leave my neighborhood.