Thursday, September 19, 2013

Baking



On my time off I spent Tuesday sleeping; Wednesday playing; and Thursday baking.  While Will was at school on Thursday, I assembled/made the following:
  • Crockpot chicken tortilla soup ingredients
  • Crockpot honey lime chicken ingredients
  • Cheese lasagna ingredients
  • Split pea soup (actually cooked this one)
  • Pumpkin bars (ate some, froze most)
  • Chocolate chip cookies (baked some, froze the batter)
 
After dinner and bath time, Will helped we whip up one more batch of chocolate chip cookies that I couldn't finish earlier since I didn't set out enough butter to soften.  Baking with a child is greatly aided by a stand mixer! 

We baked up one dozen cookies (two each for dinner and two each for breakfast!) and froze the rest of the dough.  I use the recipe on the back of the Toll House Morsels except that I substitute half the butter with applesauce.  They're not as delicious - losing the thin, crispy-edged texture I love to a cakey, spongey texture - but I feel better about eating (and serving) them. 

Now I just have to remember to get these great meals out and throw them in the crockpot or oven in time to enjoy some evening.