Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning

This year we went to church on Christmas Eve.  I figured the Christmas pageant would be a good introduction to church for Will.   The service was a mix of funny and traditional, so it really was a good fit.   I learned a few things, too.  Apparently the wise men aren't really in the Christmas day story in the bible. . . there were some funny jokes about the different versions of the traditional story versus the bible story.

After church, the plan was that Will was going to get to open up all of the presents from me and Jason.  Apparently Jason didn't get that message and thought Will was going to just open one present and save the rest for when my parents come up this weekend.  We compromised on one that Jason bought and the remaining two presents that I bought. That's right. . . I bought Will three Christmas presents (he opened one last week) and thought that was it, but his Daddy and Amazon are apparently working together, so additional presents have appeared under the tree.  I can't wait to see what else Will's getting! :-)
 


Will opened another pair of pajamas, a small LEGO playset, and the big excitement:  a Play-Doh "playset" that includes a garbage truck and four new cans of fresh Play-Doh!  "Rowdy" garbage truck is something he has been coveting for awhile.  It kept him busy until bedtime last on Christmas Eve and entertained all Christmas morning.

Jason and I don't normally exchange gifts for any holidays since Amazon brings him whatever he wants all year long, but this year there are four presents under the tree that he said are for me.  He let me open one on Christmas Eve: all weather floor mats for my Audi!  Super excited, because I loved those on my last car.  There weren't any presents under the tree for Jason, but he did wrap up one thing he bought and said it was to him from William.  Big surprise: another LEGO Star Wars set!  Those boys are ready for winter!
 
We've had a nice, quiet Christmas morning, and are now getting ready to head to the city for Christmas dinner!