We are so tired of being cooped up inside in the cold! Because while we have snow gear, when it's single or negative digits, you can't play outside. Finally yesterday it was warmer (mid-twenties) and sunny, so we went out for an hour after lunch to play. For the most part, we just moved snow from one spot to another. Will attempted to uncover his sand box (ironically, I typed snow box the first time), but stopped once he found his dump truck toy.
Rachel was out back with us, and I figured the snow was too deep and she was too old to go far, so I let her off her leash. I was wrong. She took off through our long back yard, through the neighbor's yard behind us, and around to the front of their house before I finally caught up with her on their street. Then I had to haul her back by her collar through knee high snow drifts. She got put back on her leash after that. I would have sent her inside but Jason was working on a kitchen project and wouldn't have appreciated her whining to get back outside.
Will and I walked next door to visit with Ms. Vanessa and Jazz and Sigma, and saw this hot air balloon as we were neighboring. Rachel joined us, as well, since she was so jealous of Jazz and Sigma getting Will's attention that she pulled hard enough on her leash to break it at a weak spot. So much for my old lady idea. . . .I know I'm exhausted after the whole thing!
Will, however, still had plenty of energy, so we took him swimming last night. He did great! His progress through swimming lessons these past few months has been amazing. He kept initiating a "race" where he would swim between me and Jason. I was shocked at how he went farther and farther each time - always sticking his face in the water. He didn't want to wear his Puddle Jumper floatie at all.