Since I was in Dallas last week during my actual birthday, I chose to celebrate the Saturday prior with a day in the city and the Friday after with an ice cream cake! While I was in Dallas, my co-workers all made me feel very loved - even having a dessert platter delivered to me while I was teaching a course! But nothing compares to this grin! Look at my happy boy getting ready to help me blow out my candles on my ice cream cake! We've been enjoying the cake leftovers all weekend.
Our trip to the city was to visit the Museum of Science & Industry (we had to get in one more visit before our annual pass expired) and then sushi and gelato in Lakeview. William loved the gelato; the sushi, not so much. . . .
He actually wouldn't eat anything at the sushi restaurant - including edamame or dumplings. However, he didn't whine about it, and just bided his time for the ice cream. And then he totally scammed us into a macaroni and cheese cup once we got home. Well played little guy.

