Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Preparations

We're getting in the Christmas spirit around here - even if there is no snow on the ground.  

Last year after the holidays, I found these Disney-themed fillable ornaments to help us count down the days to Christmas for this year. It's our very own version of an Advent calendar.  William rushes downstairs every morning to take the next one from the tray and see what is inside.  The first five days were pieces of a Lego City helicopter.   That really set the tone right!  The coins, candy and balloons that came after have been received well, but he really loved the Legos!  Thanks to his You Tube video habit fueling his knowledge of Kinder Surprise Eggs, he thinks these ornaments came pre-filled from the store.  We haven't corrected him so far, and Daddy pulled through and stocked another Lego surprise for this week.  I look forward to the surprise as well.  This is a busy time at work for me, so I just put coins and candy in the rest of the "eggs," but John has done some selective swapping out for better stuff!  William does not have as much interest in putting the ornaments on our little (second) Christmas tree as he does discovering what is inside, so I often find the daily ornament piled among the Legos on our end table and get to put it on the tree myself.

If you ever wondered where to find a "plain" sweatshirt (sans zipper, hood, and decoration) in the year 2014 for a school craft project, the answer is NOT Target (where I looked) or Meier or Joann's or Michael's or the Dollar Store (where my neighbor friend looked).  I believe Wal-Mart had them, but I wasn't willing to run around town looking for a $10 sweatshirt.  So after our neighborhood Target turned up empty, we ordered ours from our favorite "store," Amazon dot com.   My little man and his snowman are both adorable!  I doubt he'll ever wear a sweatshirt, but it's cute for the closet!  Although, maybe I'm wrong on that.  He did voluntarily choose to wear the sweatpants I bought for soccer cover ups the other day.  Maybe he isn't exclusively a jeans and t-shirt kid.  :-)
Next week as work slows down, we have Christmas baking and the Christmas market to keep us busy!