Saturday, February 28, 2015

Shedd Aquarium Breakfast

We set the alarm to get up for a morning field trip to the Shedd Aquarium.  February is member appreciation month, so they hosted a morning coffee series with free continental breakfast and access to the penguin rescuer for questions.  I was expecting to see a penguin up close - which I did not - but we did get a free muffin before seeing the penguins in their regular exhibit!   The animal encounter ended up being a tortoise, which we watched eat lettuce and mango.   We also enjoyed playing the penguin play zone, watching the belugas swim, and steering the submarine.
 
 
 

 

When we went up to the Wild Reef there were a lot of divers in cleaning the tank!  This guy waved at William!

I also got a picture of frozen Lake Michigan!  It's still so cold here!  It was -11 when we woke up.   It is supposed to warm up to 30 today.  We'll see.  At least it's sunny!   I'm glad we got in and out when we did because when we left right before lunch time, the ticket line was all the way outside and down the stairs, and the line to turn into the parking garage stretched out to Lakeshore Drive.