Saturday, December 12, 2015

Countdown to Christmas


Leading up to Christmas we had a lot of activities to get us in the Christmas spirit!  We put up our Christmas tree before Thanksgiving since we used only the artificial trees this year.  Then we did shopping for two angel tree gifts:  a 3 year old boy and a 4 year old boy.  William loved checking out the drums for the littlest boy before putting it under the tree.




December 1 brought the Star Wars Lego Advent calendar.  This was so much fun!  Each morning he had a little Lego to build.   One Sunday morning we helped this Cub Scout pack distribute the wreaths they had sold as a fund raiser.  What that really meant was that I tied the red bows onto the wreaths with another mom and dad while William and his buddy, Nathan, were exploring.  They found a hawk and were quietly tracking it.





Our only holiday baking was these white chocolate covered Oreo snowmen.   We delivered them with our Christmas cards to the neighbors.   William also wrote a letter to his teacher to accompany snacks and a gift card gift.


 December also brought William's Star Day at school.  He proudly showcased his Tiger Scout badges and Lego skills throughout the poster.   It also makes me smile that even though Rachel has been gone for three months, whenever he is asked to list his family members he always says, John, Lisa and Rachel.  She was also on the poster.  He also wrote me a lovely card one day at school.  I'm not sure the occasion but I sure do love it!



This last picture was part of the traditions unit.  For each season, he wrote what our family does:
Fall:  I go to my grandma's (accompanied by a picture of the cousins swinging from hay bales in the barn)
Winter:  I go to the Christmas Market (accompanied by picture of the ornament house)
Summer:  Each summer I go swimming (accompanied by a picture of him jumping off the diving board)
Spring:  I always celebrate my birthday at Chuck E. Cheese (accompanied by drawing of him playing the basketball game)