Sunday, January 10, 2016

First Tooth Lost

Six years after those teeth starting coming in, the first one came out!  It had been a little loose going back to November and was pretty wiggly during our Disney World vacation (enough so that mom was wondering that the tooth fairy did when kids were on vacation!).   But it held off until lunch time on January 8.    He brought it home in a Ziploc back.  I asked John for a status update on the 7th during the day to make sure the tooth fairy would have cash ready, but forgot to ask on the 8th.  And when I got home from work at 9 p.m. on a Friday night, William was so excited to show me his big surprise!  And I was on a quick hunt through the neighborhood for gold dollar coins! :-)   Within 30 minutes I had traded a $5 bill for 5 gold coins from a friend, and the tooth fairy was ready for her debut!

Two nights prior he was wiggling it almost horizontal.  Gross!  I also got one last smile with all his teeth!



 

He only put the tooth a tiny bit under his pillow so that "the tooth fairy wouldn't get stuck under there and not get out."   No fancy tooth fairy pillow or holder for us.  We had been told by a neighbor that the easiest "switch" is to use Ziploc bags so you can just take the tooth and replace with a second Ziploc bag with your dollar in it (or five dollars as was the rate for The First Tooth).   Smart move.

The first few days after the tooth came out, he sounded different as he got used to talking without the tooth.  I'm expecting the second tooth to follow shortly. . . .just how they came in.