Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas

Since it was just the three of us for Christmas this year we tried some new things!  On Christmas Eve we went to Chicago for the Joffrey Ballet's Nutcracker.  It was so much fun!  It was also the first day William had showered and changed clothes since they got out of school on the 22nd!   I had been to a Joffrey performance once before, but this was the guys' first time.  I loved all the details at theatre:  there were cushions for the kids to put on their chairs to elevate their view, and there we cookies and juice at the concessions (and "Poinsetta" cocktails and wine).  The show was beautiful.   It was a reinterpretation that set the tale in World's Fair era Chicago. 





When we got home, William was allowed to open one gift, and we opened the present he made for us in school.  With our construction changes, I decided to move my Christmas card display from the fireplace mantle to over the bay window.   I love getting picture cards from family and friends.   We ended up with cards from friends in 9 or 10 different states this year. 

Christmas morning William was so excited to discover that  Santa left little sets of Legos IN the tree!  After a Lego-free Christmas 2015, neither Mommy or Daddy nor Santa made that mistake this year!  Our house added around 3,000 Legos over the course of 24 hours.