As an offshoot of our Summer Fun list and continuing on with my gift giving theme of experiences instead of clutter, we did the Go Ape treetops course. I meant to get it for William as a Christmas gift, but I realized if I waited until Christmas that it would be April or May before we did it! Since William is under 10 years old, we did the Junior Course together as a family. It was actually harder than I was expecting! That's possibly because the hand guides were at kid level so as adults you were a little off balance. Or maybe I'm more afraid of heights than I thought! Or because it was 90 degrees in the shade? Whatever the reasons, William did a great job and we all had fun. He was mostly adventuresome and plowing through it. He did get scared at the foot platforms that were loose. (I did, too!) But he made it through all of the loops and was a zip line pro!
We also did the fall campout with the Cub Scouts. This was my second campout, and it may very well be my last. It wasn't horrible or anything, but with all of the nights I spend away from home for work travel, I'm not loving sleeping on the ground in cold weather. I was so worried we were all going to be sick after this one, and it wasn't even as cold as the spring campout! It was damp though, and I hadn't considered that the inside of the tent would feel so clammy. Maybe my camping should be limited to less humid climates.
We also did the fall campout with the Cub Scouts. This was my second campout, and it may very well be my last. It wasn't horrible or anything, but with all of the nights I spend away from home for work travel, I'm not loving sleeping on the ground in cold weather. I was so worried we were all going to be sick after this one, and it wasn't even as cold as the spring campout! It was damp though, and I hadn't considered that the inside of the tent would feel so clammy. Maybe my camping should be limited to less humid climates.