Saturday, November 11, 2017

October/November Update

I've gotten far enough behind on my blogging that I'll resort to summarizing the months of October and November in a dozen pictures and a few captions:

Mystery Reader
My mom was here for almost two weeks in October while John traveled to Atlanta and then Las Vegas for work.  I had several late evening events for work, plus a trip to New York and Connecticut.  Luckily I didn't have to miss my slot as 3rd grade mystery reader!  And as a bonus grandma Joni got to come along!  William was really hamming it up, since I picked a book about the Tower of London and its murders.  He enjoyed adding to the commentary with detail from our trip.

NYC - Hello Dolly
I'm trying to get better about building in some personal time when I travel on my New York work trips.  I met up with Ryan to go to my first Broadway show:  Hello Dolly with Bette Midler and David Hyde Pierce.  It was amazing!  For not being a musical fan (and this being about as traditional as you can get), I was sure impressed! And we totally lucked into seats in the 5th row! 
 



Halloween Party
Well, it's actually called the Fall Party since there are no costumes and some families don't celebrate Halloween.  But it's always on Halloween Day...... As room coordinator, I mostly ran around making sure all the games and crafts were going well.  But I did get my craft on by making these "ghost bowling pins" for a game.






Veteran's Day Assembly
The Cub Scouts did the color guard for the school assembly.   This was the first time William had worn his uniform to school; he loved it!  When I was in school, I remember the boys wearing them on meeting days.  Guess that's not the thing anymore.   The school also sent home stars to decorate for any vets a family knew.  We talked about my Grandpa John being in the Air Force Police during the Korean War, and he decorated a star for him.