Sunday, February 25, 2018

Family Fun Weekend

Though I usually blog about our fun activities versus the evenings and weekends we sit around and chill at home, we do a lot more chilling than activities as we regroup from busy work and school schedules.  So it was a big weekend that we had STEM Night at school on Friday evening, followed by a Saturday evening roller skating party.  And the very next weekend we also went to a friend's house for dinner and cards (and to play with their growing puppy)!




Our friends' school had a PTA Fundraiser at the roller skating rink that we crashed.  William had been to one or two skating field trips but wasn't very excited about it.....I think he just needed mom out there to show him the moves!  We had a blast and after a few laps with the skate assist he ditched it and was tearing up the floor like a madman!  He tripped me once for a big fall for me, but otherwise I held my own!  This skating rink was circa 1986 so I felt right at home.  I filled William in on tales of Saturday skate where my mom dropped me and Ryan off to skate and have nachos and dill pickles.




The dog whisperer in action.  William and Herky are sure to be fast friends.  (Herky, by the way, is a very common pet name around here due to Herky the Hawkeye for University of Iowa.   Just like all of our Kansas friends with pets named Willie!)