In January, William only went to school 13 days! They didn't start back up until Tuesday, January 8 and between snow days, cold days, and holidays, it was a long month! I honestly can't even keep track of what all the days were! The worst week was a Monday snow day, Tuesday school, and then Wednesday-Thursday cold days. The Monday snow day was because the snow plows couldn't keep up - it was a steady snowfall for about 12 hours so as soon as they did a route it was covered back up. It was fine by about 9:30 a.m. but the commute/school drop off times were still super slick and sloppy. It was just hard to take because we knew the cold was coming for later in the week and school was almost guaranteed to be cancelled. Sure enough! And I get it. I was wearing a coat inside my house because it was so cold - and this was with the thermostat showing 70! Pretty much the entire city shut down those two days: pipes burst, trains couldn't run on frozen tracks, people couldn't walk around outside with a minus 50 degree wind chill. But John and I were easily able to work at home, William enjoyed chilling around the house (pun intended!) and we just stayed inside. We took a few preventive measures with pipes but didn't have any issues around the house.
I went to work on the Monday snow day. It was pretty but super sloppy.
This was the actual temperature. The "feels" like was at least 20 degree less!
I couldn't get a good photo but the inside of the window had a pretty snowflake design from frost!
I can't even remember what days it snowed! But we certainly didn't go out back to shovel. Our neighbors let us borrow their snow blower since ours didn't start up.
This was my attempt to keep the drafty front door from freezing us out!
I went to work on the Monday snow day. It was pretty but super sloppy.
This was the actual temperature. The "feels" like was at least 20 degree less!
I couldn't get a good photo but the inside of the window had a pretty snowflake design from frost!
I can't even remember what days it snowed! But we certainly didn't go out back to shovel. Our neighbors let us borrow their snow blower since ours didn't start up.
Lots of time for indoor play!
This was my attempt to keep the drafty front door from freezing us out!