William is now a decade old. He's been rounding up most of the year! This year since his birthday fell on a Wednesday - after Memorial Day but before school got out - we ended up just celebrating as a family in the morning before school. But he did get to have an exceptionally muddy fun Field Day at school and then baseball practice after school, so he got to spend a lot of the day with his buddies.
We surprised William with a Chromebook since his new school doesn't issue the kids take home technology (they keep it at school). Maybe this means he'll do some summer work! We'll see if teacher dad supervises that or not....At Brookdale it was Field Day, and one of my mom friends volunteering sent me these awesome pictures! I got a big laugh out of the idea of 500 muddy kids heading home that afternoon. Since I left for a business trip before William got home, I knew I wasn't going to be the one washing him or those clothes or shoes! Ha!
The school yearbook came out the night before his birthday. This message that we left for him just perfectly sums up our lives right now. Our hearts are full!