For William's birthday, I bought two new-to-us inflatable kayaks from another Scouting family. The guys took them out the first weekend and then the summer got away from us! So, I asked for a trip out this weekend. Had I realized how wet I would be getting, I would not have taken my camera in my pocket! It wasn't (just) because of wading into the water to load the kayak, but also because every time I lifted my paddle out of the water it dripped in my lap. My phone was wrapped in a Ziploc bag but I was still concerned about not ruining it.
William had a lot of fun exploring in the seaweed and silty sand! I was surprised by that, since he's not always an ooey-gooey kind of kid. We did have to cut our exploration of the island a little short since my kayak has a known slow leak and I needed to be able to get back to shore! A few hiccups but so nice to be out on the water with my boy and enjoying the sunshine! We also enjoyed one last reservation at the neighborhood pool to close out Labor Day weekend. It wasn't the summer we planned but we certainly made do!