Sunday, June 12, 2022

Cinquo de Junio

 May wasn't very warm.   We were overly optimistic with the pool opening date.    And then post-Disney, I got pneumonia so certainly wasn't ready to swim or host any parties around Cinco de Mayo.    Therefore, we finally had a housewarming/kitchen debut/pool party for the 5th of June!   We had a combination of former Brookdale neighbors as well as my friends from the office who were able to join.   I made my famous margaritas as well as the Surly Sarlaac from Disney (masquerading as "Raspberry Mango Lemonade" for the uninitiated).    Food was anchored by Chipotle build your own bowl catering and a massive amount of chips and guacamole.   I ended up eating chips and salsa and guac for three more days, but otherwise think the right amount of food was ordered!  I didn't even get a picture of the food since it came out without much fanfare when the kids were hungry and the adults wanted to have adult swim!






I took a picture of our herbs that are doing so well.  The combination of rain and heat has really made them take off.  We have parsley, oregano, basil, chives here, and then lettuce and tomato plants on the other side of the deck.   The lettuce is also doing well.  The tomatoes are tall, but I'm not optimistic about the fruit since I don't see any buds.