Last summer, the boys got to vacation and have their pool time in Florida at the beach house we rented. It was an awfully long drive for two short days at the beach versus how much fun they had playing in the pool. So this year we were glad to have the pool and just have Jake come stay with us! Plus then the grandparents could come visit and catch two grandsons for a two-fer.
Pool, fire pit, eating outside, and video games were on tap for the two of them. Once Grandpa Ed arrived, he schooled all of us in some pool basketball!
The boys and I also did a day trip to Chicago to the Museum of Science and Industry including the Lego bricks exhibit which was really cool. I fed them well, as well. Before we left we had brunch at a new Brookdale diner. And on our way back home we stopped in Oak Brook at The Cheesecake Factory for a massive lunch. I was then subjected to 20 minutes of toilet humor on the rest of the ride home.