After we got home from France, it was FALL! I was worried we were missing the last two weeks of pool season, because we swam into October last year. But our heater broke - or some long story about something along the heater system especially in the hot tub jets did - and so we couldn't get back into the water after we got home. The repairs were made in the hot tub before closing it for the season and the new heater is ordered for spring install. Thankfully we had a bowl of delicious Normandy caramels and the trees were putting on a beautiful show to help me forget it would be more than six months before I would be swimming a lap....
We also enjoyed a visit from our friend, Rosie, at the end of the month. She has stayed with us quite a bit as her parents have had to rush off to be with family for health emergencies. We're glad she can drop in when they need to be away to deal with aging parents and other such issues. She and William and I took advantage of a beautiful afternoon to play in the front yard. Basketball, frisbee and a makeshift pickleball court were all on tap. Sunshine makes all of us happy!
I had a work event at a paint and sip place. I thought my pumpkins turned out nicely. I gifted my creation to a neighbor who does a Teal Pumpkin project. In return, she traded me real pumpkins that I sat out for my squirrels to eat. Endless entertainment for John and me during the day!
William and some Brookdale buddies continue to enjoy nerf battles on nice days. Good to see them doing their gaming outdoors once in awhile instead of just on the PlayStation!