On our last day in Orlando, we had another day at Magic Kingdom planned. But I really wasn't ready to leave our beautiful resort. And so, yet again, I did not follow my own advice about being to the parks before they opened. We pulled up around 10:30 and found terrible crowds. It was definitely worse than the 30th, or it just felt like it because departure day is not a very festive day. After a line in the parking lot and a line to load the ferry and a line for Big Thunder Mountain railroad, we finally boarded our first ride at noon. Our priorities for the day were BTMRR, the Walt Disney World Railroad around the park, Tomorrowland Speedway and Buzz Lightyear. And we didn't get to ride Buzz because we ran out of time. When deciding whether to leave my savannah that morning, I definitely didn't consider the ferry wait. Or that Buzz would be a 70 minute wait versus 40. Those two made it a pass for us. Oh well...another time. (Side note: that was our very first ride at Disney World ever! Everyone else was racing for Space Mountain, but we had a 3 1/2 year old so we rope dropped Buzz Lightyear :-) )
The Photopass line was longer than I liked on the way out, but William humored me for one more with the toy soldiers than I love so much!
We got to the airport in time for our flight to be delayed three hours. We got home to cold Chicago around 1 a.m. John and I went back to work (from home) but William has a reprieve from school until next Monday! And then it's just a 4 day school week (in service Friday) followed by a 4 day school week (MLK holiday). But I honestly don't care. With an older kid it's nice to not have to make a lunch or get him up for school. I can sleep in an extra 30 minutes before my work day, and he doesn't need anything the rest of the day. If I'm lucky, he'll make some eggs around lunch time and deliver them to me!