With our basement out of commission, and just generally realizing it's stressful to watch your team in the Super Bowl, we didn't attempt a party. I did make a few festive desserts. Otherwise, I tried to make mostly healthy versions of foods in order to not completely unwind my Whole 30 commitment.
Mama Kelce's Chocolate Chip Cookies - recommend! They have white and dark (or milk) chocolate chips and a dash of cinnamon. You also melt the butter first which results in a thinner cookie with crispy edges (my favorite)!
I have no idea how I got it into my head that I wanted to make a red velvet cake. Probably because the game was near Valentine's Day which always reminds me of my mom's amazing recipe for Waldorf Astoria Red Cake which she would make in heart shaped pans. This used up all of my "Christmas red" gel food coloring and made me look like I had murdered someone!I was much more focused on the baking instead of decorating and did not get out a proper tip for the LVIII. And then I actually thought it was XIII until I did that math and had to edit! But rest assured, it was delicious! I started eating it at breakfast as one would do.
Lucy doesn't have any costumes...maybe I need to get her a Chiefs bandana for next football season.
The end! And you can see that we still hadn't called Christmas quits with the reflection of our tree in the window.