The boys enjoying a team building night of pasta and TV and general shenanigans at one of the player's homes. The parents hosting were kind enough to invite the parents over for the last hour for drinks and conversation. We enjoyed getting to know each other a bit more, as well.
The Benet freshman volleyball team was a lot of fun from the start. It helps that they started out undefeated for the first month and won two tournaments! Their second tournament (and second championship) came at Naperville Central on a beautiful, sunny April day. John and I used the time between matches to walk around on the Riverwalk, and I walked home after the tournament while John waited to collect William and all his gear.We played the tournament hosts in the championship game and for whatever reason we were listed as "Wolves" on the scoreboard instead of Benet or Redwings or Wings. I found it hilarious and we kept saying "Go Wolves!" I guess that's what happens after 8 hours in a high school gymnasium.....

