After our Thanksgiving travels, we were happy to be home for a few weeks in December to get through finals and another tax busy season before Christmas.
I treated myself to a Bonne Maman Advent calendar which was fun. I think it's a one and done but enjoyed having it. I bought William his annual Lego Star Wars Advent calendar. He didn't ever get around to opening it, so I just set it aside for next year.
One more tournament between finals week and Christmas; the boys played well.
I helped William with a service project for church to fold newsletters and stuff, seal and address envelopes for a friend's charity. It was a very time consuming project! We watched multiple movies.
I took my team to the Christkindlmarket in downtown Chicago which is a fun annual tradition. We haven't been going as a family as frequently now that Ryan doesn't live in Chicago to meet up with.
I ordered four lit trees and put three in the upstairs window and had the extra one downstairs. This matched the snow covered bushes outside. I was super impressed by the morning light when we got our first snow and took pictures of the front yard.
Later in the day I took photos of the backyard and then also the front walk in different light.
There was some Lucy shenanigans....
I made my aunt Pam's apricot braids for again this year. I made sure my yeast wasn't expired and they turned out quite a bit better. I still have a few things to improve upon.
We went to Christmas Eve mass at St. Thomas before our charcuterie evening. On Christmas Day we had a leisurely unwrapping and hang out before making prime rib for our evening meal.
We got our traditional matching pajamas. Lucy wore last year's but they were a little snug. I ended up donating it to the animal shelter since she wasn't comfortable wearing it.