New Year's Eve ended up being a super chill day and night. We slept in, enjoyed coffee on the balcony, did some swimming, and head over to Epcot for a few rides, lunch and walking around. We had a late dinner at Flying Fish on the Boardwalk so no real commute to speak of, and then planned to return to Epcot for their New Year's Eve fireworks. Only we never did. I wasn't into the crowds and loved my balcony so much that I chose to stay and watch from there. Plus knowing how early our New Year's Day plans were starting, it was hard to want to be out late. John decided to stay with me. I was surprised how many people had the Boardwalk as a destination - there was some entertainment but nothing very formal. Most of the entertainment for us was people watching and just enjoy the atmosphere.
At midnight we saw both Magic Kingdom and Epcot fireworks at the same time. I was very impressed! It was fairly impossible to get in the same frame though.