Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Houston, Texas

After many weeks of traveling for work and hosting tourists to our city, we had our own weekend holiday. We traded in the cold and rain of Washington for a quick trip to tropical Houston, Texas! I don't recall having been to Houston before but we kept remarking how it reminded us of Florida - palm trees, heat and humidity, and sulfer-smelling shower water. But, it was a great trip, because we just relaxed!

Highlights:
  • Sleeping/resting/lounging and then doing that some more.

  • Drinking margaritas and eating guacamole every day.

  • Eating at Goode's Texas BBQ which I saw featured a few months ago on the Food Network. Not as good as Oklahoma Joe's, but better than Arthur Bryant's. Next door at their sister restaurant is where I found this armadillo with longhorns!

  • Visiting Space Center Houston (aka Johnson Space Center/NASA Mission Control).