Sunday, May 18, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake. . . and Chocolate!

Jason treated me to any early wedding anniversary celebration on Friday night with an incredibly well-planned evening out. He executed his surprises in superb fashion.

All I knew was that he was meeting me at my office after work for dinner downtown. We dined on the enclosed patio at Chef Geoff's Downtown and watched as people arrived across the street for Lewis Black's "Let Them Eat Cake" stand-up show at the Warner Theatre.

After dinner, we left the restaurant in search of dessert (or so I thought), when he pulled out our tickets to the show! The seats were fabulous and Lewis Black was hilarious. I was thrilled to learn that Jason planned this whole surprise over two months ago by ordering the tickets the minute they went on sale!

After dinner, we once again went in search of dessert. My suggestion was for the newly opened Co Co Sala, and well, he'd already planned that out, too! (Strangely, as far as I know I had never mentioned this place to him.) We chose one of their 5-course chocolate dessert tastings, which I coupled with a chocolate martini for good measure!

The whole evening was quite a treat!