Friday, February 20, 2009

Crazy About Cauliflower

No, I haven't been having any strange cravings for cauliflower (although, as I type that sentence the idea of cauliflower dipped in ranch dressing does sound good. . . maybe I'll add those items to this week's grocery list); according to Baby Center's website, a baby at 27-weeks of pregnancy weighs the same as a head of cauliflower: approximately 2 pounds and rapidly growing. Length should be about 14.5 inches by now.

A few notes for my pregnancy journal, er, blog:

  • I could feel the baby's "hiccups" last night as they made my belly bounce. I swear I even saw my belly "jump" once! I'd compare the feeling to having a little bubble pop in your hand. This was the first time I had consistently felt movement from the outside. He's always moving around that I can feel on the inside.
  • The biggest difference that I've noticed recently is that I can feel the uterus (and baby?) above my belly button. I guess since it's the size of a basketball, that was bound to happen!
  • Leg cramps are still going strong. Every book and website I read warns about them. Guess I'm just having a normal pregnancy.
  • Last weekend marked the start of my 3rd cold during pregnancy. I'm feeling quite a bit better now (and this one didn't have the violent coughing of the other two), but Baby's Daddy has a really bad cough this time.
  • Clothes: I love my maternity jeans! They were less than $40 at Kohl's, and they look and feel good. Who wouldn't love having cute jeans that fit and are as comfortable as sweatpants?! My favorite work pants have already been pictured twice here. I only have 4 pair, so it's not a lot of competition. Thanks to my very generous friends, Desiree and Nikki, I haven't had to buy shirts. They cleaned out their maternity closets and loaded me up at Christmastime with dozens of shirts and sweaters of all kinds! Luckily, my existing winter coat still fits and should fit for the next 4-6 weeks until the weather warms up!
  • Cravings: I haven't had any cauliflower, but with my insatiable appetite I have been eating about everything else. My most consistent craving is for cheese pizza. Other than that, I enjoy all the things I've always eaten - just more often!