Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16th

Another September 15th has come and gone, but this one didn't have much impact on me. For all you non-CPA readers (yes, I believe I have a few), this taxdeadline is just as - or more - challenging than the well known April 15th.

But, I made it through the deadline without opening a single tax return file or punching in a number into tax software. I did, however, have my Codes and Regulations open and spread out over my desk for three straight week. And I did have dozens of conference calls to consult on the tax issues that I am now an "expert" in. A very different sort of busy season for me, but a good one. The best part was not a single weekend in the office. However, last night was one of the first nights since I've been back to work that didn't require me to pull the laptop back out after Will's bedtime.

Instead, we let Will stay up an extra 30 minutes to squeeze in a walk around the neighborhood. We're practicing with our Baby Bjorn for our first trip to the airport! He seemed to love the view!