Saturday, December 18, 2010

Conversations with Will

Will has some very clear words and then others just seem to make sense in the context. I'm sure he's not really putting this all together as "real" words, but it sounds like it.

Greetings:

Will: Hiiiii.
Me: Hi!
Will: Howzitgoin'?

When a car drives by outside:

Will: Izacar!
Me: It's a car?
Will: Yeah!
Me: Do you want to look out the window?
Will: Yeah!

We drove to the zoo tonight (that's another post for after I thaw out more) and the first 10 minutes he said "Izacar!" pointing out the window about a hundred times. Every once in a while I feel the need to interact and say, "Ooh, there's a big truck!" or something like that. Jason always looks like he wants us both to be quiet when we play that game! :-)

Will is also getting good at repeating words that we say although if he doesn't initiate them and use them regularly, they aren't added to the word roll. Last night he surprised us with one. He was with us on our bed and he was swinging around one of my beaded necklaces. He hit Jason in the face with it. I said, "Will, pat Daddy's head and tell him you're sorry." And, immediately he patted Jason on the head and said, "Owwy!" We were shocked! I had no idea he would actually do that.