Monday, December 27, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas

Lots and lots of pictures, because we had lots and lots of fun! My parents flew up on Friday morning, and Will and I picked them up from the airport. As a special treat, Will got to wear pajamas almost the entire weekend! Different pairs, of course.

Oh how Will has missed his Grandpa Roger! They haven't had a chance to play since Will's birthday party in May! First up, a game of tug-o-war with a wrapping paper tube.Then, some indoor sledding on Will's Christmas 2009 sled!Then, as a reward for putting on clothes, cookies on the couch!Finally, it was Christmas Eve night, and Will got to pick out a present from under the tree! He opened a lawn mower from Grandma and Grandpa and thought it was great fun. You'll also notice Tickle Me Elmo in the sled. That was from us as an early present (a few weeks ago). After Grandma and Grandpa left, the Elmo count was up to 3!We had a very white Christmas, so we had to take advantage of some outdoor sledding as well.

And then more presents! We let Will open some more of his presents before lunch and then did the non-Will presents while he was taking his afternoon nap. Luckily we saved a present from us, because we needed it last night to distract Will when he broke down after all of his guests left.I got exactly what I asked for; and apparently I asked everyone for it! My wish list included a reusable coffee cup sleeve, and I got three of them! Jason also gave me the reusable coffee cup that I had picked out and then decided not to treat myself to on an earlier shopping trip. Look at the joy on that young boy's face!
Ryan and Steve remembered Jason's love for A Christmas Story and bought him the DVD and some "Oh Fudge!" fudge.
What a fun weekend! I'll also have to post a picture of yesterday's excitement once I download it: a giant coyote in the backyard!