Monday, May 7, 2012

Rainy Weekend Fun

First of all, is everyone else frustrated with the new Blogger layout?  I've only posted a few times since it changed, so I'm having trouble getting used to it.

We had a rainy weekend here, but I haven't seen my guys much the past few weeks due to work, so I was thrilled to have lots of time to play.   The theme of the weekend was construction.  First up:  a race car track that was awesome! 
Then, we went to the local children's museum - which has the bonus of being very close to our house AND next to the train station!  I went with Will when he was about 6 months old, and he went with Grandma Hilary this winter, but Jason had never been.  And, wow is this the best place ever for a kid Will's age!   Here he is making a house out of dominoes.  Then we went to the area you can see behind him and make a castle out of buiding blocks.
After all of our hard work building and playing and learning, we hit up Starbucks for afternoon snacks.  We needed a pick me up before heading to Home Depot for the supplies for a real construction project:  a sandbox!
On Sunday, we couldn't work on building Will's sandbox because it was pouring down rain.  Will asked if we could "go to the museum to build another castle with the building blocks."  Yes we can!  When we were there on Saturday, I sprung for the family annual membership, so we can go back to play as often as we want!
Isn't it amazing how old he looks?  He mostly acts like a little boy instead of a baby these days, too.   Well, except that he wants his mommy to carry him all the time and to sleep with him at night.  Oh well, I get it; I'm lovable. :-)