The arboretum was decked out for fall with beautiful leaves (one of the top 10 places in the U.S. according to an article I read) as well as cute displays and plantings like the one below. There may or may not have been (ok, there was) a promise of an M&M covered caramel apple to get this cute picture below.
First stop, the Children's Garden and the frog water feature. This was also a favorite last year. Jason and I couldn't find the discs to stand on to make the frog spit; they were just going continuously.
I had really been looking forward to seeing Will play on the slides in the Children's Garden since he loved them last year. But, they were roped off and closed. Not sure why. However, he was adventuresome and climbed on these rocks that he found. My only little billy goat - or a Willy goat, I guess! This was great practice for playing in the big treehouses.
I eventually climbed the rocks, as well, and got this picture of the fall colors. As a side note, I got an iphone last week and am thrilled with the pictures versus my old Blackberry! Of course I love using my phone instead of a "real" camera since I can email them directly to myself or send them straight to Facebook. One more efficiency for this overworked mom!
After playing in the Children's Garden and having the coveted caramel apple snack, we rode the Acorn Express tram - a narrated 30 minute ride through the park to see the various species of trees and learn about their conservation goals. It was getting a little chilly by our 4 p.m. departure, but the leaves were absolutely beautiful. 




