This inauguration day isn't as exciting for us at the last one was when we were living in Washington DC! I was so excited to attend the swearing in along with the masses on the Mall! I stood between the Washington Monument and the World War II Memorial. I seem to recall that I packed everything I needed into my ski coat so I didn't have to bring a bag or purse.
Jason wasn't able to join me, since we had just returned from our warm Los Cabos Babymoon, and his co-workers in Wisconsin didn't have the day off like mine in DC did! Instead, I took the "little guy" who was still baking in my belly! Here was my 22 week belly shot before I left the house that morning.
I was very happy to have that internal heater on such a freezing cold day. I was also happy with the clean and readily available portable toilets set up on in front of the White House!
After the swearing in ceremony, it was a very long, slow process to exit the Mall and the immediate area. My legs hurt the rest of the day due to the hour of shuffling that was required. I stopped for lunch to warm up at one of my favorite restaurants, and then took the Metro home to thaw out and watch the parade on TV with Jason. To witness it live was likely a once in a lifetime experience and definitely ranks in my top 5 living in DC experiences.

