Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Quiet New Year

We did lots of napping on our time off from work and school these past few days.   We also worked in a trip to the children's museum and one to the pool.   Other than that, we ran errands and we played planes, trains, and automobiles!  Our New Year's Eve involved errands; dinner out; and then a rousing game of Memory which Jason barely won.  It was almost a three-way tie! 

Still no snow this fall or winter, so I don't know what's in store for January and February.  

And we've already spent most of our holiday gift cards - including one to a local restaurant chain that involved a bathroom accident, but not the kind that you'd expect of a preschooler.  In a terrible case of good mothering gone bad, I wiped down the soiled toilet seat in the ladies room (seriously people, clean up your mess!) with a disinfecting wipe but didn't wipe the resulting "wetness" off the lid.  When Will sat down, he bent forward to brace himself and slid off a slick seat head first onto the bathroom tile floor.  He didn't bleed or get a bump, but I couldn't let go of him the rest of the night.    Yesterday when we were at the pool, I held onto him the entire time he was sitting on the wet seat that he created.  When I wiped the pool water off the seat when he was done, he looked at me happily and said, "That seat wasn't slippery!  I didn't fall off!"  Uh, no buddy.  Mommy's not going to let that happen again!