Monday, June 24, 2013

Hyderabad - Charminar

The day before I left Hyderabad, I had a few more rupees burning a hole in my pocket!  Actually, I used my last Saturday and my last Sunday doing a little souvenir shopping.  On Saturday I joined a Cincinnati colleague on her shopping itinerary at a nice clothing store; Handicrafts de India store; and a jewelry store. 
On Sunday I joined Andrew on his search for bangles for his wife and sister-in-law in the old part of the city.  I had been to Charminar on my first trip to Hyderabad and  found it very overwhelming.  This time wasn't as bad.  It helped that rain had just stopped, so crowds were thinner. 

 I tried to get a few pictures to capture the street scenes.  I snapped the picture above while standing in the street.  The one below is from the backseat of the car.  I took a lot of pictures from the car but they weren't always great since I was trying to be respectful of not taking anyone's picture.