The day William had been waiting for the whole trip: breakfast with the princesses at Cinderella's Castle! Ok, ok, he was indifferent. . . .but I had a discount card, darn it, and I wanted to go! We had a late flight, so we went back to Magic Kingdom for another morning while the Kansas City crew got up early to head home.
All little "princesses" get a wand and all "knights" get a sword at the meal. William was very impressed with the suits of armor in the castle! He was less excited about talking to the princesses and acted shy, but they were all incredibly skilled at carrying on their one-sided conversations in character.
Snow White (who was SO HARD to hear in the bustling breakfast crowd due to her intentionally faint voice) asked if he was Bashful and then tickled him while saying that's what always worked on Grumpy.
Princess Aurora talked with him about his sword and being a brave knight like Prince Philip. My favorite part about this picture is photobomber daddy in the background.
Princess Ariel sat down at our empty chair and started to sign the autograph book when I gave her a concerned look. I couldn't tell if she had flipped the page over from Sleeping Beauty's signature, and she said, "Oh, I'll make sure your collection is perfect! I love collections." She told William she would tell Sebastian hi from him.
But my favorite was Princess Jasmine. William was being super shy by this point and wouldn't even give him name. She discreetly looked at the inside of his autograph book where he had already printed his name and said, "Oh, your parents haven't named you yet? I'll give you one! You look like a William! Oh, can I call you Will? Then you can call me Jazz. We'll be Will and Jazz!" But the BEST line was as she was leaving and she said, "I'll see you in 10 years when I'm your favorite princess!"
I spent a few minutes when the crowd cleared out to take pictures of the inside of the castle. It was neat to look around and view the rest of the kingdom out the window. John and I joked that the place was covered in glitter - not surprising considering all the dresses and glitter sprayed hair from the little girls. I took a picture of the "dirty" staircase as we were walking out but I don't think the effect is obvious.
Outside we ran into Sir Fletcher who challenged William to a sword fight. After William couldn't stop laughing Sir Fletcher called him "Sir William Gigglepants." That, of course, just caused more giggles.
All little "princesses" get a wand and all "knights" get a sword at the meal. William was very impressed with the suits of armor in the castle! He was less excited about talking to the princesses and acted shy, but they were all incredibly skilled at carrying on their one-sided conversations in character.
Snow White (who was SO HARD to hear in the bustling breakfast crowd due to her intentionally faint voice) asked if he was Bashful and then tickled him while saying that's what always worked on Grumpy.
Princess Aurora talked with him about his sword and being a brave knight like Prince Philip. My favorite part about this picture is photobomber daddy in the background.
Princess Ariel sat down at our empty chair and started to sign the autograph book when I gave her a concerned look. I couldn't tell if she had flipped the page over from Sleeping Beauty's signature, and she said, "Oh, I'll make sure your collection is perfect! I love collections." She told William she would tell Sebastian hi from him.
But my favorite was Princess Jasmine. William was being super shy by this point and wouldn't even give him name. She discreetly looked at the inside of his autograph book where he had already printed his name and said, "Oh, your parents haven't named you yet? I'll give you one! You look like a William! Oh, can I call you Will? Then you can call me Jazz. We'll be Will and Jazz!" But the BEST line was as she was leaving and she said, "I'll see you in 10 years when I'm your favorite princess!"
I spent a few minutes when the crowd cleared out to take pictures of the inside of the castle. It was neat to look around and view the rest of the kingdom out the window. John and I joked that the place was covered in glitter - not surprising considering all the dresses and glitter sprayed hair from the little girls. I took a picture of the "dirty" staircase as we were walking out but I don't think the effect is obvious.
Outside we ran into Sir Fletcher who challenged William to a sword fight. After William couldn't stop laughing Sir Fletcher called him "Sir William Gigglepants." That, of course, just caused more giggles.
We rode a few more rides and took a few more picture and then headed home to start dreaming of our next trip!




