Thursday, October 1, 2015

Epcot Food & Wine Festival

Since I had to be in Orlando for a conference starting on Sunday, I decided to go up a day early to check out the Epcot Food & Wine Festival.   Lucky girl that I am, John asked his mom to come stay with William and joined me!   We have a fun two-days exploring with "adult Disney."  We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas which are right behind the Epcot International Gateway, so it was a quick walk from our hotel to start drinking and tasting our way around the world! 


Crowds were pretty bad on Saturday mid-afternoon when we arrived, so after just a few stops, we took the monorail and then the ferry to get to Magic Kingdom.  It was already decked out in its Halloween finest.  



I FINALLY got to have the spicy chicken waffle sandwich I had been coveting for years.   Verdict: it was only ok.  But the view!  Afterwards John and I split up because I had a date with Elsa and Anna!  They signed a Christmas ornament with their likeness for William.  He was *mostly* impressed with this as a souvenir from Mommy's business trip.

 

For dinner we retired to California Grill's lounge and enjoyed cocktails and delicious entrees with this view.


After dinner, we walked back to the Magic Kingdom for the fireworks show since we had Fastpasses for the viewing area.  It wasn't super crowded that day, but it was nice to not have to stake out a space early.

Sunday we got up bright and early and headed to Epcot.  Ok, not really.  For the first time ever at Disney, we slept in!  We headed to France when it opened at 11 and enjoyed a slushy and crème brulee as our breakfast of champions!

We returned to the Magic Kingdom in the afternoon for our Fastpass for the Festival of Fantasy parade which was new since our last WDW trip.  As with all plans on this trip, John was good to humor me since he was joining my already scheduled itinerary.  He hates parades but he sat with me in the beating sun to watch this one! 

 





We had a late dinner back at our hotel before sadly transferring to the conference center hotel off property to grab a little sleep before beginning a week of training - or in John's case, to catch a 6 a.m. flight home!