Saturday, July 30, 2016

Last Bits of Summer Fun

We had a summer outing to the horse track for work one Friday afternoon.  I took William as my plus one.  We started the morning by using up the Chuck E. Cheese tokens we had left over from the last day of school!  It was a rainy day, and the place was packed!   We carpooled with Michelle and her girls to the track in a torrential downpour.  The rain had let up by the time we got there, but the kids still had a lot of fun playing with the umbrella we brought.  This was my first time at the track.  I wasn't overly impressed.  The place was beautiful, but it was so slow paced.  Each race was at least twenty minutes apart so there wasn't much to do or see.  I know that time is for placing bets but I wasn't interested in that.