Each year we have a celebration of the newly promoted female partners and managing directors joining Deloitte Tax. This year I was one of the 13 new female partners being honored in Las Vegas! It was a great way to kick off my first year as partner: with 400 of my closest friends! Before dinner there was a slide show with pictures that we submitted. I took a picture of the screen with my pictures - the family at Hollywood Studios, and with my friend Michelle on a Thames river boat cruise. I was so glad Michelle was there in Vegas to help me celebrate; she was promoted to managing director two years ago so knew the ropes to help me this year. She helped me a ton last winter as I was preparing for my presentation.
During my two nights in Vegas, I didn't have an occasion to leave the hotel. Not to mention it was hot so who would want to?? As I left for the airport, I noticed the combination Starbucks/margarita bar across from the hotel. I'll be back in Vegas this winter for another internal meeting and be sure to look for it!