For the long 4th of July weekend we did a lot of fun stuff around the area. After many years of considering a trip to our neighboring town of Lisle for their "Eyes to the Skies" hot air balloon festival/carnival, we finally made it to the EARLY morning balloon launch. We learned, however, that they very rarely launch the balloons due to weather. It was a beautiful morning but apparently the wind (which we could not detect) would have blown the balloons toward the O'Hare flight path. I'm guessing that air traffic is just so heavy around us that it rarely makes sense. We had fun watching them fill from outside the fence and then walking through/under them for a view. William chose not to ride the tethered balloon so we left from there to hit up Starbucks and then the farmer's market. We were home and unpacked and veggies washed by 8 a.m.!
Our annual subdivision parade on the 4th was fun as always. William walked with the Cub Scout group and their water guns! The boys got John pretty good! Wish I had a picture of that! Afterwards we played at the pool. I made strawberry mojitos with fresh ingredients from my garden (and rum borrowed off a neighbor)!
Our annual subdivision parade on the 4th was fun as always. William walked with the Cub Scout group and their water guns! The boys got John pretty good! Wish I had a picture of that! Afterwards we played at the pool. I made strawberry mojitos with fresh ingredients from my garden (and rum borrowed off a neighbor)!