Although I usually plan and book our travels well in advance, this trip was an anomaly even for me. I've already forgotten how I stumbled across this cruise itinerary originally but it hit all of my must haves: a few days when school would be out, the opportunity for full days in Venice and Rome, and a great price, so I booked it more than 18 months before departure. And then I stalked the Norwegian Cruise Line website for new deals and ended up pricing matching a year out for even more of a discount. My travel lover and frugal accountant personas were both thrilled! Of course that far in advance I hadn't considered what a big travel year 2018 would be with my 40th birthday trip to Disney and Desiree's 40th birthday trip to Peru. So we ended up collecting a lot of airline miles this year and even more bucket list memories!
Our itinerary
Traveling on the trip were my family of three plus my parents! And since our crew was full of history lovers and gelato aficionados we had an amazing time!
Our itinerary
- Friday evening: fly nonstop Chicago to Venice (arriving Saturday mid-morning)
- Saturday and Sunday: explore Venice
- Sunday: Embark the Norwegian Star
- Monday: Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Tuesday: Kotor, Montenegro
- Wednesday: Halloween at Sea
- Thursday: Athens, Greece
- Friday: Santorini, Greece
- Saturday: Day at Sea
- Sunday: Naples, Italy (Pompeii)
- Monday: Disembark in and explore in Rome
- Tuesday: Explore Rome
- Wednesday: Fly home (Rome-London-Chicago)
Traveling on the trip were my family of three plus my parents! And since our crew was full of history lovers and gelato aficionados we had an amazing time!