Sunday, December 18, 2022

Lion King

Lori ended up with two extra tickets to The Lion King in Chicago one Sunday afternoon after her grandson got sick and Van was out of town to take care of his dad.   Luckily William and I were free to join her!   We had great seats and they included a lounge package that was drinks and charcuterie in a room in the basement that had its own bathroom, so pretty much all the things you need to avoid the crowd pre- and post-show!   It was a fun afternoon to the city.   



Posting both selfies since I'm blocking Lori in the one where William is smiling!   We saw the production in 2018 on Broadway when we were in NYC for Ryan and Tarek's wedding.   I was trying to remember if certain parts were different or if I just didn't remember them clearly.   The parts that I remembered loving - the big animal puppets down through the crowd - were as amazing as before!