We made a lot of fun food and drinks and desserts for the holiday. And we had friends and family who were so generous with gifting us food treats, too! I'm so thankful they've heard our love language of food and experiences (and consumable gifts).
John was out of town for several weeks leading up to Christmas. One of our evenings at home just the two of us, William and I decorated Christmas cookies that I purchased from our neighborhood bakery.
My friend Michelle sent us bonbons and chocolate bars from Houston chocolatier, Cacao and Cardamom. This is the holiday collection and each of the bonbons is a holiday favorite from around the world. For example, one is eggnog flavored. Another is chocolate covered cherry. One is Germany's gluwein. Each has been a delight!
I made several different holiday cocktails over the course of the long weekend. I posted them on Instagram because I thought they looked fancy! They were all pretty tasty, too! Thanks to John and Ryan most of the spirits were already on hand in the bar when I looked in the fridge and pantry for inspiration and found recipes.
And William made us cocoa and fresh whipped cream! We ate and drank and ate way too much. It was a lot of fun trying new things! Our fridge is still full of meats and cheeses and spreads so I guess we'll be enjoying those well into 2023!