Monday, February 13, 2023

Super Bowl Champions - Again!

How Bout Those CHIEFS!   Before the super celebration, there was a lot of emotion!  I planned for us to host a Super Bowl party for friends and neighbors and show off Kansas City beers and cuisine.  As with prior parties, the rules is upstairs TV for more casual watchers and downstairs TV for serious football followers.   I actually put myself in that second camp, so when some of my good friends had a conflict with kids sports and couldn't come, I cancelled the entire party.  I didn't want to be stuck upstairs hosting the party and not get to see the game!   I know I could have relied on those good friends to help themselves to things, but the ratios were getting skewed.  LOL.

Instead we made too much food for just three people to eat, but we ate most of it anyway.  I enjoyed Boulevard Brewing Co. beer in the first half.   Since we were eating, we did watch the game upstairs since no one was talking over it.  But after half we need to shake things up!  William lost interest and disappeared, John switched into his Mahomes jersey, and I exchanged the Tank 7 for Don Julio tequila.   John and I watched the rest of the game in the basement and did our part to get them to that victory!

It worked!   I have to admit I was all in on the Kelce Bowl story.   That was really fun and now I enjoy their podcast, too.  It's crazy how hard it is to enjoy the party aspect of the Super Bowl when you're invested in the game.