Saturday we took in the iconic Rockette's Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall. It worked out well that we could cab from the hotel to 30 Rock and leave our suitcases in my office while we were at the show. Then after the show, we retrieved our bags from across the street and cabbed to the airport for our flight home. I was telling one of my partners this the next week about how I used the office as a drop zone all week, and he said that's a pro move. He rattled off how he always did that with his preschoolers since they have to use the bathroom so much and to take snack breaks. I was nodding right along because preschoolers, high schoolers and I all have the same schedule.
Maybe we were tired....Maybe my expectations were too high....Definitely John was sitting next to an annoying person taking flash photos throughout...but none of us loved it. It was fine, but a one-and-done for sure. There was less dancing and less Christmas music than I was expecting. I guess I hadn't considered the story telling element of the show as compared to it being a series of dance numbers. Oh well. It was very convenient for us to get to/from, and now we can say we have done it!