Saturday, November 18, 2023

October and November Miscellaneous

I built a new planter box on the side of the house following the pattern of my compost bins.   This will be for tomatoes and herbs in the spring/summer.   I built it this fall so that it's ready when I'm ready to plant, and so that I could empty one of my compost bins to have for winter collection.  Since compost doesn't break down very fast in winter, I need more space than I do in the spring or summer when it "bakes" faster.   In the winter, it mostly compressed and gets snacked on by the wild critters.

Lucy enjoyed the first snow.  And, yes, we have our Christmas lights already installed before Halloween!  They'll stay on until Valentine's Day most likely. 



And then the snow melted and John was able to hang our new wreaths!  The past two years we had live wreaths as part of the Boy Scout fundraiser.   Since volleyball practice and tournaments conflict with all of the scouting dates, William isn't participating this year.  I bought some online and hope they last a few years.  And that we find some place to store them when they come down in 2024.


I was feeling artsy taking pictures in the backyard one morning!





And in the side yard
And the front yard